Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

#7002 : error

sahgal__vardaan
Beginner

I am new to computation. using ubuntu 18.04,    Intel 19.0.4.20190416

while working on a souce code i am struck on an error which says  #7002 : error in opening the compiled module file. check include paths [mpi]

what i am doing is as follows 

my bash file reads like this :

source /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2019.4.243/linux/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh intel64 ilp64 mod

export CC=$(which mpicc)
    export CXX=$(which mpicxx)
    export FC=$(which mpif90)

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/intel/lib"

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/intel/lib"

export MANPATH="/opt/intel/man"

export PATH=/opt/intel/bin:$PATH

the command    cmake ../source 
-- The Fortran compiler identification is Intel 19.0.4.20190416
-- Check for working Fortran compiler: /opt/intel/bin/ifort
-- Check for working Fortran compiler: /opt/intel/bin/ifort  -- works
-- Detecting Fortran compiler ABI info
-- Detecting Fortran compiler ABI info - done
-- Checking whether /opt/intel/bin/ifort supports Fortran 90
-- Checking whether /opt/intel/bin/ifort supports Fortran 90 -- yes
-- Could NOT find OpenMP_Fortran (missing: OpenMP_Fortran_FLAGS OpenMP_Fortran_LIB_NAMES)
-- Could NOT find OpenMP (missing: OpenMP_Fortran_FOUND)

furhter when i type make , it says 

Scanning dependencies of target modules
[  1%] Building Fortran object modules/CMakeFiles/modules.dir/precisn.f90.o
[  3%] Building Fortran object modules/CMakeFiles/modules.dir/global_data.f90.o
[  4%] Building Fortran object modules/CMakeFiles/modules.dir/rmt_assert.f90.o
/home/anand/Desktop/test_RMT_CODE/rmt/source/modules/rmt_assert.f90(24): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file.  Check INCLUDE paths.   [MPI]
    USE MPI, ONLY: MPI_COMM_WORLD, MPI_ABORT

--------^
/home/anand/Desktop/test_RMT_CODE/rmt/source/modules/rmt_assert.f90(24): error #6580: Name in only-list does not exist or is not accessible.   [MPI_COMM_WORLD]
-------------------^

/home/anand/Desktop/test_RMT_CODE/rmt/source/modules/rmt_assert.f90(24): error #6580: Name in only-list does not exist or is not accessible.   [MPI_ABORT]
-----------------------------------^
/home/anand/Desktop/test_RMT_CODE/rmt/source/modules/rmt_assert.f90(45): error #6406: Conflicting attributes or multiple declaration of name.   [MPI_ABORT]
            CALL MPI_ABORT(MPI_COMM_WORLD, errorcode, err)
-----------------^
/home/anand/Desktop/test_RMT_CODE/rmt/source/modules/rmt_assert.f90(37): remark #7712: This variable has not been used.   [ERR]
        INTEGER            :: err
------------------------------^
compilation aborted for /home/anand/Desktop/test_RMT_CODE/rmt/source/modules/rmt_assert.f90 (code 1)
modules/CMakeFiles/modules.dir/build.make:1046: recipe for target 'modules/CMakeFiles/modules.dir/rmt_assert.f90.o' failed
make[3]: *** [modules/CMakeFiles/modules.dir/rmt_assert.f90.o] Error 1
modules/CMakeFiles/modules.dir/build.make:1062: recipe for target 'modules/CMakeFiles/modules.dir/rmt_assert.f90.o.provides' failed
make[2]: *** [modules/CMakeFiles/modules.dir/rmt_assert.f90.o.provides] Error 2
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:85: recipe for target 'modules/CMakeFiles/modules.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [modules/CMakeFiles/modules.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:83: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Pl suggest what should i do. i feel the issue is related to non linkimng of MPI libs.

a deatiled reply will be highly appreciated. 

regards

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Linux is not my strong point, but I'm fairly sure that mklvars.sh is not the right script to source, or at least you should source ifortvars.sh first. You somehow also need to make available the MPI modules, which is the fundamental problem here. Do you have the Cluster Edition of Intel Parallel Studio XE installed, to get Intel MPI, or are you using a different MPI? You would need to get the ifort-compiled MPI module in the INCLUDE path for the compiler.

0 Kudos
sahgal__vardaan
Beginner

thank you sir. I also feel what u are saying. I am using intel parallel xe sudio cluster edn 2019 

problem is I don't know how to give path suggested by you "You would need to get the ifort-compiled MPI module in the INCLUDE path for the compiler"

can you please assist in giving template ....so that i can include in bash file 

regards

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I can't - someone else who uses Intel MPI on Linux would need to help you. Or you can ask in https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-clusters-and-hpc-technology

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

With Intel MPI use mpiicc and mpiifort and mpiicpc to use the Intel compilers.

0 Kudos
sahgal__vardaan
Beginner

hi

I have resolved the above issue but now i am now getting a new error

"A required library with BLAS API not found".  Please specify library
  location.

CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.10/Modules/FindBLAS.cmake:699 (message):
  A required library with BLAS API not found.  Please specify library
  location.

how to find out the path/ location of this file. I am using INtel studio xe cluster 2019 ed.

the CMakeLists.txt is attached

2  how to give the above  path in command in bash file ?

thanks for support

regards

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

This error is coming from the cmake script, and it uses a "find_package" function that is not shown. We have no idea what it is looking for.

BLAS is provided by the Intel Math Kernel Library, which is installed by default along with Intel Fortran.

0 Kudos