Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Academic Research Performance Libraries from Intel (Linux*)--Intel® Math Kernel Library for Linux*--version 11.2

Jasmeet_S_
Beginner

Hello Sir,,

I have downloaded and installed Academic Research Performance Libraries from Intel (Linux*)--Intel® Math Kernel Library for Linux*--version 11.2 to my computer but i am not able to find ifort compiler. Please reply.

On terminal if i use 'ifort'  then i get the message command not found.

Regards

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

That installer does not include Fortran - it is performance libraries only.

0 Kudos
Jasmeet_S_
Beginner

Thanks for replying.

But how to get and use ifort compiler from this performance library?

Please advice me on this issue. I need intel fortran compiler urgently.

With Best Regards

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Fortran is not included in the Performance Libraries. You can buy Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Linux. If you are a student, you may be eligible for a free copy of Intel Parallel Studio XE. See https://software.intel.com/en-us/qualify-for-free-software/student for more details.

0 Kudos
Jasmeet_S_
Beginner

ok sir.

I have downloaded and installed the 30-days trial version. I want to compile the source code using ifort but when i write 'make' and press enter it gives the following error:

./ifort -w -mkl=sequential -O0  -c swscf.f
fortcom: No such file or directory
ifort: error #10273: Fatal error in fortcom, terminated by 0x64
make: *** [swscf.o] Error 100

Please advice me on this issue.

Regards

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

The fortcom error suggests you perhaps did not first source the compilervars.sh setup script to properly setup your build environment.

To properly initialize your environment to use the compiler and performance libraries you must use a command like:

source  /<install-dir>/bin/compilervars.sh  <arg>

where <install-dir> is something like /opt/intel/bin (for our 2016 release) or /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/bin (for 2015) and <arg> is either ia32 or intel64 depending on your system. This command will setup your environment to use the 'ifort' command.

You can refer to the User Guide Getting Started section (https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/579200) for some additional details about setting up the environment and using the compiler.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

In addition to what Kevin says, don't use "./ifort" - just "ifort" should be used. But I think also your problem is that the source file swscf.f could not be found.

0 Kudos
Jasmeet_S_
Beginner

hello Kevin,

I have not installed the intel fortran compiler on root. I have installed it for single user /home/singh/

I have tried source /home/singh/intel/bin/compilervars.sh ia32 and source /home/singh/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64

I have 64-bit machine. The swscf.f source file is present in directory (As mentioned by Steve).

But the error remains the same with 'ifort'

ifort -w -mkl=sequential -O0  -c swscf.f
make: ifort: Command not found
make: *** [swscf.o] Error 127

and './ifort'

./ifort -w -mkl=sequential -O0  -c swscf.f
fortcom: No such file or directory
ifort: error #10273: Fatal error in fortcom, terminated by 0x64
make: *** [swscf.o] Error 100

and my make.inc

COMP=ifort -w -mkl=sequential
LINK=ifort -static -mkl=sequential

OPT=-O3
NOOPT=-O0
OPT2=-O
# The following libraries should be included:
# Lapack and blas here:
LIB=./lib/liblapack.a
# Arpack here (compiled with sequential mkl):
LIBAR= ./lib/libarpack_intel.a

Please advice me.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Sorry to hear about the continued problems. As you note, you have a 64-bit system; therefore, use the intel64 argument.

Did you notice any installation problems?

I am wondering if you might have but perhaps you did not noticed them. From an earlier related issue we learned about a problem with the non-root installation in the private /home area. Please pefer to the details here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/comment/1837253#comment-1837253. Unfortunately, you may need to uninstall and then re-do the installation adding the one additional directory-level as mentioned in the cited post.

We can check a few things first.

After you run the command: source /home/singh/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64

Can you print your $PATH  (e.g. echo $PATH) and show us that?

If you want to attach your makefile and makefile.inc then I will look at those also.

0 Kudos
Jasmeet_S_
Beginner

Thanks for replying.

As you suggested, I have tried the following;

source /home/singh/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64
 echo $PATH
/home/singh/intel/composer_xe_2015.3.187/bin/intel64:/home/singh/intel/composer_xe_2015.3.187/debugger/gdb/intel64_mic/bin:/home/singh/intel/composer_xe_2015.3.187/bin/intel64:/home/singh/intel/composer_xe_2015.3.187/debugger/gdb/intel64_mic/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games

I have also attach the Makefile (PFA).

Please guide me whether I uninstall it and do reinstallation.

With Regards

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

It is good that you are using the PSXE 2105 release because you are not subject to the installation issue I cited and so there is no need for uninstalling anything.

If what you show in your PATH after sourcing the compilervars script was present when you ran ‘make’ then the compiler should have been found.

What may be happening is the Makefile settings for COMP (at least) and LINK are being overridden by settings in a make.inc file. Check to see if there is a make.inc file in the same directory where the Makefile resides. If so, then either consider commenting out any COMP and/or LINK settings in the make.inc file, or edit that file and at least set them in the make.inc just as you have them set in the Makefile currently.

I'm sorry you are having so much trouble getting started.

0 Kudos