Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Accessing Help files

davidgraham
Beginner
I had Visual Fortran 6.6C running on my old computer.
I have now installed it on a new faster Computer.
I now find I am having problems accessing Help.
I often get the message "The local disk does not contain files for Visual Fortran 6.5 CDRom as expected, please update the new location."
If I put the CD in I can't find the required location.
Should I go back & Install 6.5, 6.6 & 6.6C?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Maybe you should clean out CVF and re-install, beginning with CVF 6.6. That should have replaced 6.5 entirely.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
6.6 was also available as an upgrade from 6.5 and it did not do a full replacement. I remember some issues with the help but don't remember what the fix was. Probably doing an uninstall, then reinstalling 6.5, 6.6 and 6.6C will take care of it.
0 Kudos
davidgraham
Beginner
I unistalled Visual Fortran and reinstalled all the versions.

When I try to get help on say "IsDialogMessage" I get the message Insert CD ROM discc labelled 6.5..".
If I do this the help is displayed but I don't want to keep this CD in my drive.
When I installed 6.5 there was a message about the help and you had to select a file so it wouldn't keep asking for the CD, I'm sure I followed the instruction.

Is there a way round this problem?

Thanks,
David
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Sorry, I no longer remember the details of how to fix this.
0 Kudos
sabalan
New Contributor I

David, I suggest that you compare the contents of C:ProgramMicrosoft Visual StudioDF98DOC, and HELP, with the contents of the corresponding folders on the CD and just copy missing files into the hard drive.

Sabalan.

0 Kudos
davidgraham
Beginner
I have tried this and it still doesn't work.
David
0 Kudos
sabalan
New Contributor I

Can it be that you need to install SP 5 (or 6) for Visual Studio?

Sabalan.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
No, that won't help. The process of "registering" help collections is complicated. What you can do is just open DFMAIN.CHM by double-clicking on it, if you need to read the documentation.
0 Kudos