Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Allocating parametrized declared type that is within a parametrized declared type

AThar2
Beginner

I have the following code which gives me a catastrophic error without mentioning what the error is:

catastrophic error: Internal compiler error: segmentation violation signal raised Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report. Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.

However, I know what triggers this error, namely: allocate(gdad% ttt(tsize=10) :: gdad% test_type)

Anybody familiar with this 

module t_test
     implicit none

type ttt(tsize)
        integer, len :: tsize
        real x(tsize)
     end type ttt

type :: t_rndom_diameter(t_rsize,t_csize)
      integer, len :: t_rsize,t_csize
      real :: x(t_rsize,t_csize)
     type(ttt(tsize=:)), allocatable :: test_type
  end type t_rndom_diameter

end module t_test

program p_test
  USE t_test
  implicit none

type(t_rndom_diameter(t_rsize=3,t_csize=3)) :: gdad

allocate(gdad% ttt(tsize=10) ::  gdad % test_type)

end program

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AThar2
Beginner

Just an update, I think I know why now. 

The issue is: allocate(gdad% ttt(tsize=10) :: gdad % test_type), which instead should be 

allocate(ttt(tsize=10) :: gdad % test_type)

0 Kudos
Juergen_R_R
Valued Contributor I

An internal compiler error is always an error, so please report this to the Intel support. The ICE seems to be present since at least v17 of the compiler. Nagfor and gfortran both complain that gdad resp. ttt are not derived type members, which indeed they aren't. Indeed your modified code compiles both with ifort and gfortran, and seems to be a correct allocation to me.

0 Kudos
AThar2
Beginner

I will file in a report to the support team now. Thanks!

0 Kudos