Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Any progress on recompile problem.

wu_internet
Beginner
Searched the forum for some time, can not figure it out if the problem of "recompile the project even no modification be made" has been sorted out or not. I am now also a suffer of this problem, sometimes, without doing anything, just a restart of the debug, the solution will need to be recompiled. It used to say the project (which normally is the one has many module definitions) is out of date. But I never touched it since last rebuilt. Such problem just goes on and on. The version of IVF is 8.1.025. Anyone knows about the progress on this issue, please help me out.
Regards,
David.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Have you submitted a test case to Premier Support? If so, what's the number?

The only time I've seen this is when the path for the executable in the Debug property page doesn't match the one in the Link property page.
0 Kudos
wu_internet
Beginner
Thanks steve for your quick response. It has not been submitted to Premier Support yet. The behaviour can be quite erratic. Regarding the link and debug setting, the linked tagart is something say project.dll. While the EXE to start the debug is project.exe, the project.dll will be invoked by the project.exe. Everything is perfect in Compaq Fortran in the past. Anyone has the same experience, please give me a hand.
Regards,
David.
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Hi Steve,
I have a similar problem with recompiling. My app always wants to recompile regardlessthat a repompile has just been done.
This was reported to premium support already in July without any progress.
Support issue 259310
regards
Bjrn
0 Kudos