Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Array bound check crashes VS 2019 16.2.3 Anyone else see this?

David_Billinghurst
New Contributor III

Has anyone else seen (or not seen) the following?  We aren't quite ready to put in a support call, but a "me too" or "no it works for me" would be useful.

One of my colleagues updated to latest Visual Studio 2019 16.2.3 on Friday.    After that, programs compiled with array bounds checks crash Visual Studio, rather than raising an exception that is caught by the debugger.  We are running Intel Fortran 2019 update 4 under Windows 10 Pro 10.0.18362.

He spent Saturday morning reinstalling older versions of VS - 16.2.1 and 16.2.2 - which didn't solve the problem.  Other ideas welcome.

I will spin up a VM and see if I can reproduce the problem, but probably not today.

PS:  I should add this this is a Fortran dll called from a C# main.  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

The C# structured exception handling is likely the cause. It might be useful to compare the exceptions handled between a system with the bug and a system running the older version of the software not exhibiting the bug (in VS click on: DEBUG | Exceptions | then explore).

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos