Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Build 64-bit dll on 64-bit Vista

dlemmon1
Beginner

Hello,

I have Vista 64-bit Business, IVF 9.1.037, VS 2005 SP1 (with the Vista service pack). I am building an EM64T dll from the command line via a makefile. I'm able to do everything but link. I'm providing the following lib paths:

C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/VC/Lib
C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/VC/Lib/amd64
C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/VC/Include
C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/VC/PlatformSDK/include
C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/VC/PlatformSDK/Lib
C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/VC/PlatformSDK/Lib/amd64

However, I'm getting the following:

libirc.lib(tbk_backtrace.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_
StackWalk64 referenced in function tbk_trace_stack
libirc.lib(tbk_backtrace.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_
SymCleanup referenced in function tbk_trace_stack
SymInitialize referenced in function tbk_trace_stack
./win64/Release/lca_w.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
make: *** [win64/Release/lca_w.dll] Error 96

Also, when I try using the 64-bit version of MS's link.exe, the linker just crashes.

I'd be interested in a definitive summary of what libraries are right for EM64T builds of apps and dll's, for both Debug and Release builds.

Also, I don't see anything in the VS integrations about setting up 64-bit builds -- kinda vague hints, but no clear instructions.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

What does your link command line look like? I generally recommend using ifort to link rather than "link". There is no simple answer to your question, it varies depending on what other options you have used when compiling. This is why I let ifort do the work.

I don't see the ifort lib folder on your list there. However, the symbols you want come from imagehlp.lib

The on-disk documentation contains clear instructions as to how to set up VS for building on a specific platform. Buiding Applications > Building Applications from Microsoft Visual Studio > Specifying a Target Platform for Solutions and Projects

Which specific "64-bit version of MS' link.exe" are you using that crashes? I'm wondering if you're using the Itanium version (if you have the PSDK).

0 Kudos