Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28603 Discussions

CAn't change the installation directory from /opt/intel -- The install directory path cannot be changed because at least one software product component was detected as having already been installed on the system

James_Williams
Beginner
Hi,

I unisntalled the intel cluster studio from our SUSE cluster because it had been deploy in a path that is not in accordance with our standard.
Now i want to install it back but it is telling me that it cant install it because:

"The install directory path cannot be changed because at least one software product component was detected as having already been installed on the system."
But i cant find any componet of the package installed? how do i fix this?

----------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Start installation Now

2. Change install directory [ /opt/intel ]

3. Change components to install [ Custom ]

4. Change advanced options [ Current node ]

5. Show pre-install summary

h. Help

b. Back to the previous menu

q. Quit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please type a selection or press "Enter" to accept default choice [1]: 2

The install directory path cannot be changed because at least one software product component was detected as having already been installed on the system.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finish component selection

2. Intel Cluster Tools 2011 for Linux*

3. Intel MPI Library

4. Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector

5. Intel Math Kernel Library 10.3 for Linux*

(for applications running on IA-32)

6. Intel Math Kernel Library 10.3 for Linux*

(for applications running on Intel 64)

7. Intel MPI Benchmarks

[ ] Intel Cluster Studio Common Files (already installed)

h. Help

b. Back to the previous menu

q. Quit

Please type a selection or press "Enter" to accept default choice [1]:

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Honored Contributor III
It looks like a related Intel software application has been installed under /opt/intel. You could try
find /opt/intel -name uninstall*
and then run (as root) any uninstall script which is discovered there.
If all the uninstall scripts have been deleted, root could run a command such as
rpm -qa | grep intel
and then run
rpm -e
on any Intel software tool rpms you find which need to be removed so as to permit your installation to proceed.
0 Kudos