Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

COM Server bug

g_f_thomas
Beginner

It's not overly serious but one of the'Do not edit' files generated by the COM Server utility needs to be edited, namely dllmain,f90. Through the presence of $DEC meta commands it manages to export itself in addition to theusual quartet of exportsrequiredof any COM Server. Dllmain's are never exported, the OS doesn't require it. This doesn't account for its failure to register a COM Dll with the error 0X80029c4a.

Gerry

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I'll admit that I'm hardly a COM expert, but I would think it rather standard practice to DLLEXPORT the DllMain routine - at least for an ordinary DLL. How else is the OS going to initialize it?
0 Kudos
g_f_thomas
Beginner

I'm not an expert but I'm more than familiar with COM, having written or been involved in the creation of many such items. The OS doesn't need dllmain to be exported as it can hook and inject into anything running under its total control. I would check with the author of the tool and I bet the export was unintended.

Gerry

0 Kudos