Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

COmpiling a project in linux

patuco
Beginner
Hi everyone in the forum,

i have a big problem and i do not know how to do two things, so if anyone could help me...
I am working with a project created with the fortran developer Studio 4.0, a bit old. The point is that i was trying to create a dynamic link library to linux. This program let me to create autoamtically a dll for win. I am trying to copy all the for files to linux and use the command to get the object files:
f77 -c *.for
but i do not know if the calls from one subroutine to another in different files is a problem.

Besides getting the object files, i do not how to create a dynamic linked library in linux from the object files.

Please if any idea, let me now,
Many thankx.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Do I understand correctly that you are not using Intel Fortran? On Linux, Shared Objects (.so) are the equivalent of DLLs. The command you gave compiles to .o object files but does not link. Please see the documentation for your compiler to see how to build a .so
0 Kudos
patuco
Beginner
Thanks fo the reply
Does exist any documentation of how to build an so (besides the tupical Google)?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
It may vary by compiler. I don't know which compiler you're using. If you were using Intel's compiler, you would add -shared (and remove -c).
0 Kudos