Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

CVF 6.6 and Visual Studio .Net

yangx
Beginner
My CVF 6.6 worked fine before my installation of Microsoft Visual Studio (VS) .NET. Now when I double-click my CVF Workspace file (dsw), VS.NET asks me to convert my Workspace into Solution. This is fine. However, the Fortran syntax is not highlighted in color, and I do not have access to my CVF online help. I can not build or run my CVF projects.

CVF 6.6 worked fine when I launched CVF (Developer Studio 98) first, then Open my CVF workspace file.

Do I have to uninstall my CVF 6.6 and reinstall it? My OS is Windows XP Pro.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
micromuni
Beginner
Same here. It seems that Windows identifies the DWF files as a VC++6 Workspace, so it opens Visual Studio.Net as a C++ project that needs to be converted to C# (C sharp). I simply open CVF from an icon and then open the recent workspaces from the Files Menu. Hope this helped.

Sam
fms@micromuni.com
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Reinstalling CVF will probably help. Or do this. Hold down the Shift key and right click on a DSW file. Select "Open with...". Find "Microsoft Developer Studio" or browse for DFDEV.EXE. Check the box that says "Always use the selected program to open this file". Click OK. (This at least works for XP - not sure about other Windows versions...)

If you let VS.NET convert your workspace, you'll lose CVF access to it.

Steve
0 Kudos