Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28385 Discussions

CVF dll Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Nick2
New Contributor I
Hello,

One of my latest builds with CVF 6.6 has a strange problem when I compile it as a DLL (versus stand-alone executable). Namely, when I try to call the DLL from my managed code, I get this:

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

To make this more fun, here's what I tried...I tried running the manged front end with a different DLL, and it works fine. I tried to compile my Fortran with IVF instead of CVF, and then it works fine too.

Any ideas why or how to troubleshoot this?

Nick
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nick2
New Contributor I
Apparently my project settings were messed up...

Good flags:

# ADD F90 /automatic /browser /check:bounds /check:overflow /compile_only /fpe:0 /include:"Release/" /dll /libs:static /nologo /recursive /reentrancy:none /traceback /warn:argument_checking /warn:nofileopt
# SUBTRACT F90 /threads /winapp /fast

Bad flags:

# ADD F90 /automatic /browser /check:bounds /check:overflow /compile_only /fpe:0 /include:"Release/" /dll /libs:static /nologo /recursive /reentrancy:threaded /threads /traceback /warn:argument_checking /winapp
# SUBTRACT F90 /warn:nofileopt /fast
0 Kudos