Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

CVF6.5 installation Error

nitinshukla
Beginner
I am trying to installation CVF 6.5 Professional Edtion on Windows XPand Windows 2000. I have already installed Visual Studio 6.0 Professional Edition on these systems and it (C/++ compiler and IDE) is working fine.
Problem arises when I install CVF 6.5. The installation stop giving following error message.
"Unable to copy file'C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual StudioVC98Lib*.* (Error -1)". Retry?"
Retry does not help. I can see that installation stops at copying "libcmtd.lib" to produce above error message.
I know that Visual Studio and CVF installation CDs I am using has successfully installed Visual Studioand CVF on Windows NT machine some time back, but somehow I am running into the above problem when I am installing on Windows 2000/XP.
Has any one encountered similar problem? Any help to resolve the above problem will be appreciated.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Some suggestions:

1: Make sure you are logged in as a user with Administrator privileges.
2. Copy the contents of the CD to your hard drive and install from the copy
3. Make sure that none of the files in the affected folder have the ReadOnly attribute.
0 Kudos