Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

CVTRES : fatal error

Brooks_Van_Horn
New Contributor I

I'm using ivf 2018 and vs 2015 community edition on a Windows 10 computer with an Intel i7 processor and 32GB RAM.  I'm getting a linker error:

CVTRES : fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource. type:DIALOG, name:101, language:0x0409

I've checked Resource.h and compared it to my program routines .rc and globals.f90. There are no inconsistencies that I've found so far. The only dialogs I have in Resources.h are:

#define IDD_PMAIN                       101
#define IDD_ABOUT                       102
#define IDD_MOMENTS                     103
#define IDD_SYSINFO                     104
#define IDD_RS                          105
#define IDD_BKCOLOR                     106
#define IDC_CURSOR1                     107
#define IDD_USER                        108
#define IDD_SERNO                       109
#define IDD_COMPARE                     110
#define IDD_TRANSFRM                    111
#define IDD_ANALYSIS                    112

My .rc file has no dialogs identified with numbers but rather with these defines. I've checked and all the other IDC_ variables range from 1000 to 1340.

This link error occurs in both Release x64 and debug x64 configurations.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Brooks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

CVTRES is the tool that converts a compiled resource file (.res) into object files used by the linker. The distinction here is minor, I'll admit. You may have found a bug in VS2015. CVTRES is a Microsoft tool, not supplied by Intel.

I don't have VS2015 Community. but I do have VS2017 Community and I don't see an error when I run RC and then CVTRES on Pearson.rc.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Brooks_Van_Horn
New Contributor I

It seems to work properly in vs 2013 community but not vs 2015.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I'll just mention that CVTRES is not the linker,. Perhaps if you could provide a small but complete reproducer we could help more. 

0 Kudos
Brooks_Van_Horn
New Contributor I

Steve, the project has 121 modules and I've not run into other projects that have a similar problem. And why would it have no problems in vs 2013 community but gag during the link phase and if cvtres is not part of the linker then what is it?

Brooks

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

CVTRES is the tool that converts a compiled resource file (.res) into object files used by the linker. The distinction here is minor, I'll admit. You may have found a bug in VS2015. CVTRES is a Microsoft tool, not supplied by Intel.

I don't have VS2015 Community. but I do have VS2017 Community and I don't see an error when I run RC and then CVTRES on Pearson.rc.

0 Kudos
Brooks_Van_Horn
New Contributor I

Thanks, I think I'll just remove 2015.

Brooks

0 Kudos