Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26745 Discussions

Can't link C object library (.obj) to Fortran project

Gordon_B_
Beginner

I am trying to link a C object library to a Fortran project in Visual Studio 2017 running under Windows 10 on a 64 bit Intel Machine.

The linking was working and I had been debugging the project but something changed when I moved the project from an external hard drive to an onboard hard drive.

The file RayOpt.obj does exist in the specified directory.  the unresolved _mcea is in the RayOpt library

I am getting the linker messages below:

1>------ Build started: Project: Traj2D, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Linking...
1>1>------ Build started: Project: Traj2D, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Linking...
1>ipo: error #11018: Cannot open E:\Traj2d\Subroutines\RayOpt.OBJ;
1>ipo: warning #11021: unresolved _mcea
1>        Referenced in ipo_1631243obj3.obj
1>ipo: error #11023: Not all components required for linking are present on command line
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'E:\Traj2d\Subroutines\RayOpt.OBJ;'
1>
1>Build log written to  "file://E:\Traj2d\Traj2D\Traj2D\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>Traj2D - 3 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========: Cannot open E:\Traj2d\Subroutines\RayOpt.OBJ;
1>ipo: warning #11021: unresolved _mcea
1>        Referenced in ipo_1631243obj3.obj
1>ipo: error #11023: Not all components required for linking are present on command line
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'E:\Traj2d\Subroutines\RayOpt.OBJ;'
1>
1>Build log written to  "file://E:\Traj2d\Traj2D\Traj2D\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>Traj2D - 3 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I was hoping to work on this over Xmas but am stymied by not being able to link.

Would appreciate any help I can get

Thanks

Gordon

0 Kudos
2 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor I

Posting the BuildLog.htm file might be helpful. At a glance I am also suspicious of the ";" at the end of the OBJ name is it looking for a file the has ";" at the end ?

Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

Please also attach the .vfproj file for the project. Like Andrew, I am guessing that you haven't correctly specified the library dependency.