Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Cannot make a new Fortran Project

WSinc
New Contributor I

I thought I should point out that 

VS 2019 does not give me ANY choices relating to Fortran code.

the choices  only deal with a C++ project, or C++ code.

SEE attached screen shot.

I already mentioned the issue with trying to open an existing Fortran project.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Bill, how many separate threads are you going to start for the same problem, caused solely by your refusal to follow instructions? Your screenshot here shows nothing useful. As has been said before, VS2019 alone doesn't know Fortran. If you properly install Intel Parallel Studio XE after installing VS2019, with the C++ Desktop support enabled, it will work for you.

0 Kudos
WSinc
New Contributor I

"nothing useful ?"

OK, fine, what would be something useful ?

i have several pages that could be displayed.

some clue as to what is needed would be helpful - - -- 

I just dont know what you are looking for.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I asked you to do, in VS, Help > About > Copy Info and then paste the result into a reply here - several times now. You haven't done this.  It would be a start. 

The screenshot you did show in this thread tells me you do not have Intel Parallel Studio installed. 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

These threads are now starting to be painful.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Please follow instructions in attached document.

Do not rush ahead until after you complete the example in the document.

Note, it expressly contains missteps as well as corrective actions. The missteps are there because they are common mistakes which a new user invariably encounters. The corrective steps follow the missteps.

The Microsoft Visual Studio together with the Intel Parallel Studio has a significant learning curve. Much won't make sense until after you go through a few or several projects and solutions. Also, by the time you think you have learned it, updates will arrive and you will have to learn more. Be patient grasshopper.

Jim Dempsey

WSinc
New Contributor I

Hi -

I noticed that hay1987 has the same issue, so I will see if you gave him

a workable.

In my case, it allows me to make a FORTRAN project, but it wont compile what I have. It says "no compiler present."

0 Kudos