Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Cannot see any code after opening dsw Compaq Visual Fortran file

Fallon__Denis
Beginner

I cannot open or see any code opening a Compaq Visual Fortran dsw file. I installed Intel Parallel Studio 2017 XE Composer software. Then I downloaded a trial version of Visual Studio 2018. The dsw file was last worked with in 2007. Please advise. Thanks,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

VS2018 is not supported yet. VS2017 is the current supported VS. Once you install VS2017, run the Intel Parallel Studio installer again, select Change/Modify, and click through. You will also need Update 4 or later of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017. The 2018 version supports VS2017.

0 Kudos
Fallon__Denis
Beginner

Sorry, I was mistaken. The  versions I have are 2017 Visual Studio, and Intel Parallel Studio XE 2018. Please advise what steps I should take. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Same as what I suggested. Rerun the Parallel Studio XE installer and select Change or Modify. Then just click through - it should select VS2017 for integration and resolve the problem when done.

0 Kudos