Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28435 Discussions

Changing the language of the output report

Massimo
Beginner

Greetings,

apologies for the title of the topic, which may seem a bit cryptic, but I doubt I can find a better one - nor a worse either ;-)

Let me explain the unusual situation I am facing. My PC runs under Windows 10 with Japanese keyboard (plus two other layouts, because I often switch among four languages). I have Intel Fortran Composer 2016 integrated in MS Visual Studio 2015 community (English). The results of the compilation are shown in the "Output" tab of VS. The problem is that the output messages are shown in Japanese but with incorrect encoding, so that the whole output is unreadable. I need either to get an English output or a correctly encoded Japanese output. The issue certainly comes from the Fortran compiler, because VS simply shows what the compiler has to say.

If there is no solution on the compiler side, I may try to install the Japanese language pack for VS but I am not sure that would solve the problem.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion you may provide.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Does https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/changing-language-setting-to-see-english-on-a-japanese-os-environment-or-vice-versa-on-windows help?

0 Kudos
Massimo
Beginner

Well, it looks like the Win10 upgrade from Win7 had screwed-up the regional settings, putting French as standard (I live in France) instead of Japanese, for non-Unicode applications, as it was in Win7. OK, now I can correctly read the compiler output in VS2015 in Japanese.

Still wondering why compiler decides to show the output in Japanese, the OS being in English. But at least now I can read the text of the error messages!

0 Kudos