Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Collected information

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I was just updating a computer to the latest oneapi and I tick the box to collect information, 

What information does Intel collect?  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

Blood group, DNA, bank account number and password, Mothers maiden name, favourite pets name,......  I am certain that option links to a very long and very boring document that explains exactly the usage metrics that are gathered. If you are the sort of person that would take the time to read such a document then you probably the sort of person that would need to say no thanks when asked  out the option.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Actually the more interesting question is whether Intel will respond?  

I have no great problem giving them the information, given the number of installations, the data set will be huge, which limits how useful it is.  

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

I would imagine they might say ..... (https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/en/privacy/intel-privacy-notice.html )

Intel collects information as part of its business operations, to provide services, to respond to requests and offer customer support, to fulfill legal and contractual obligations and to build its innovative products. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you order an Intel product, contact customer support, or register for an Intel event or publication. We also collect information through your interaction with Intel® Services and our website, for example, using embedded product technologies and cookies. We also obtain data from third parties.

Expand the sections below to learn more.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

As well as 

In addition, most computing devices include embedded technology like processing chips that collect information about how the device is operating. This information may include:

·  Type and version of operating system, hardware version, device settings, software types, battery and signal strength, screen resolution, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version. The name and version of any Intel® Services (such as the app) you are using is also collected.

·  Geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals.

·  Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The install page that asks your permission has quite a bit of detail on what is collected, and there is a link for more information.

Screenshot 2022-02-10 155548.png

0 Kudos