Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Comment line beginning with "C" is not shown in green in the editor.

Comment line beginning with "C" is not shown in green in the editor.  On an older PC, it was.  Compilation is correct in both cases.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Is your file extension .F90? If so, you IDE is likely assuming the because this is a Free Format source file, the comment indicator is ! and not C in column 1.

I am assuming you are using Microsoft Visual Studio.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

I use fixed-format Fortran.  All of the source-code modules are type .for.  I am using VS 2010.

Here is the Command Line:

/nologo /O3 /Ob0 /Oy- /Qipo /I"Release/" /reentrancy:none /fixed /extend_source:132 /Qopenmp /Qdiag-error-limit:30000 /Qdiag-file:"Release\SYNOPSYS200_lib_.diag" /Qauto /align:rec4byte /align:commons /assume:byterecl /Qtrapuv /Qzero /fpe:1 /fp:precise /Qfp_port /fpconstant /Qftz /Qfp-stack-check /Qfp-speculation=safe /iface:cvf /module:"Release/" /object:"Release/" /Fd"Release\vc100.pdb" /traceback /check:none /libs:dll /threads /winapp /c

/nologo /debug:full /Od /heap-arrays0 /I"Debug/" /reentrancy:none /extend_source:132 /Qopenmp /Qopenmp-report1 /warn:unused /warn:truncated_source /Qauto /align:rec4byte /align:commons /assume:byterecl /Qtrapuv /Qzero /fpe:1 /fp:strict /Qfp_port /fpconstant /Qftz /Qfp-stack-check /iface:cvf /module:"Debug/" /object:"Debug/" /Fd"Debug\vc100.pdb" /traceback /check:all /libs:dll /threads /winapp /c

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Black Belt Retired Employee

The command line used is not relevant. Please show a screenshot of Visual Studio with the source opened. Also show a screenshot of Tools > Options > Intel Compilers and Tools > Visual Fortran > General.

0 Kudos