Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Community Login Issue

jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Lately (this month), it has become necessary to log in twice to community.intel.com

I have my system set to .NOT. remember my user name and password.

It is somewhat annoying to enter, twice, my user name and password.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Jim Dempsey

11 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I don't have to log in twice, but...

• When I click the Sign In button, nothing happens. If I then click my shortcut to the forum, then the login process occurs. I reported this quite a while back.
  • "Remember me" does nothing, and the login times out within a few hours, requiring logging in again.

If I am in the forum and go to the Online Service Center to report an issue, I generally have to log in again.

0 Kudos
MWind2
New Contributor III

Me too

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

It works fine for me in Opera.  Fills in the logon and then signs me on. 

Question 1:  when I install oneapi - it leaves behind a lot of cab files - can one delete cab files?

Question 2: one third of the installed space in oneapi is Python -- why the bloat compared to Fortran 

Question 3: why does the .2 cl and ifort add extra components to the installer overview program for oneapi and not just update the HPC kit

0 Kudos
GVautier
New Contributor II

I need to login twice a day. The first one is a double login. Could it be possible to have to log not more than once  day? Login once a week would be better.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I just had a double login -- must be jinxed.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Intel technologies may require enabled hardware, software or service activation. // No

Why at the bottom of the Intel login page do they put C# comments between the sentences. 

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

I get a double login on my phone (chrome/andriod). But what happens is that if I access the forum I get automatically redirected to the login screen. I login in and it then redirected to the forum which starts to load but then takes me back to the login screen.  The first login is actually successful. If I abort the second login and  grab a link to the forum it loads just fine. I think the problem is the browser cache of logged in / not logged in status by the forum. 

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

I haven't tried the reload the page on my desktop. Login on a phone (one finger) is a PIA, having to do it twice is twice a PIA.

Good observation. Will give it a try next time.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

PIA a number closely related to PI and discovered accidently in a Fortran program by a whiz kid who was trying to crack the NORAD Santa code.  The Whiz kid is 13 and he did it on an old IBM XT his grandfather gave him running DOS 2.1 and MS Fortran 3.03.  He cracked NORAD using assembler and Netscape. 

When asked by his father why he used that computer he said if it is good enough for grandad it is good enough for me and who needs 3.5 floppy drives. 

The number is (((PI squared)/(e squared)) - (square root of -1)) to the eth power. 

0 Kudos
07dshaffer
Beginner

This is still occurring. I have been having to login twice after a day of activity. The first time it doesn't complain about my password or anything, just takes me back to the login page to login again.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I have seen this too. It is not consistent. I do note that the login process seems to go through multiple steps including two refreshes of the forum screen.

0 Kudos