Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28657 Discussions

Compatibility between VF6.6.a and older versions

gcunha
Beginner
Hi,
Im currently working on a project that has been started on an older version of VF (version 5 I think). By that time, it was running OK. Now, thatthe projecthas been updated to version 6.6.a, some warnings have appeared and there is a DOMAIN error during the execution of the program. It is a QuickWin application e the warnings are displayed below:
Compiling Fortran...
D:PROGRAMASSimlaceSimlace.for
D:PROGRAMASSimlaceSimlace.for(13905) : Warning: In the call to NPRXFS, actual argument #12 does not match the type and kind of the corresponding dummy argument.
CALL NPRXFS(X3,X1,ND,DF,FMIN1,FMAX1,FS2,FS1,PFS,PS,NPIOR,MCDB,
-----------------------------------------------------------------^
D:PROGRAMASSimlaceSimlace.for(14233) : Warning: In the call to BITRV, actual argument #1 does not match the type and kind of the corresponding dummy argument.
40 CALL BITRV (DDATA,NPREV,NCURR,NREM)
------------------^
D:PROGRAMASSimlaceSimlace.for(14235) : Warning: In the call to COOL2, actual argument #1 does not match the type and kind of the corresponding dummy argument.
CALL COOL2 (DDATA,NPREV,NCURR,NREM,ISIGN)
------------------^
D:PROGRAMASSimlaceSimlace.for(14253) : Warning: In the call to BITRV, actual argument #1 does not match the type and kind of the corresponding dummy argument.
CALL BITRV (DDATA,NPREV,NCURR,NREM)
------------------^
D:PROGRAMASSimlaceSimlace.for(14254) : Warning: In the call to COOL2, actual argument #1 does not match the type and kind of the corresponding dummy argument.
CALL COOL2 (DDATA,NPREV,NCURR,NREM,ISIGN)
------------------^
Linking...
Simlace.exe - 0 error(s), 5 warning(s)
Does anybody know what does it mean?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
It means exactly what it says. It could be that the older version you used didn't have this check turned on.
You should compare the call with the routine declaration and make sure everything matches.
0 Kudos
arypramudito
Beginner
Are you sure steve ?

I have 6.6B and 6.5 BIN folder that i can change if i want B version or A version( i backup the BIN directory first) than update to 6.6B.

I use IMSL subroutine XYPLOT(i forgot the name) for plotting in console. It gaves no error in build but gave warning and error in version 6.6B like above.

Somehow it gaves error in verification on old abaqus too, but not the 6.5 version.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I have to admit that I'm not sure what you're doing, lacking sources to look at, but I am reasonably confident that the error messages are correct. Actually, argument checking in the absence of explicit interfaces got worse in CVF 6.6 and did not improve.
0 Kudos
arypramudito
Beginner
Well what im doing is:
Before i upgraded to 6.6a and beyond,(still version 6.5)
i make a copy BIN to BIN65 directory inside DEVStudio folder, so i have BIN folder and BIN65 folder;
than i upgraded to 6.6B so BIN directory will has DF.EXE version 6.6, and i still have BIN65 that contains DF.EXE version 6.5

if i want to compile using 6.5 i just rename the BIN directory into BIN66, and rename BIN65 to BIN using a batch command file. If i want the 6.6 then rename back again. So i can use DF.EXE 6.5 compiler and DF.EXE 6.6 compiler. Somehow i prefer 6.5 comparing to 6.6 compiler, eventhough 6.6 has P4 tuned.

I used IMSL subroutines for plotting in console, if i compiled using 6.6 is gaves warning and error plotting but not on 6.5.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
What I meant was that I don't know what your source looks like. I could believe that you would get these warnings in 6.5 and not 6.6.
0 Kudos