Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Compatibility issues

Dhabhar__Khirad
Beginner
Hi I am trying to run a simulation in PSCAD software that requires intel FORTRAN compiler. When trying to using version 14 or 15 or 16 it doesnt work. However, if i use version 13.1 then the simulation runs (the person who developed the model used version 13.1). Hence my question is does this mean that backward compatibility in fortran version is not present? Anybody else has faced such an issue . Please let me know. Thank you
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

In my decades of experience investigating such issues, the most common reason is that the program has a coding error that is revealed by a different optimization or code sequence in the newer version. It is not a "compatibility" problem. Since you give us no clue as to what "doesn't work" means, it's impossible to speculate further.

The first thing I would do is rebuild the application with all compile-time and run-time diagnostics enabled and see if new information is presented. You could also try building a debug configuration with optimization disabled and see if that makes a difference. You'll need to do some analysis legwork.

0 Kudos
Dhabhar__Khirad
Beginner
thank you Steve lionel Will try that
0 Kudos