Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28384 Discussions

Compile a fortran executable with glibc 2.12

marcondes_moreira__t

Hi Everyone,

I am still new to Linux systems and I am currently using Intel Parallel Studio 2019 to compile a fortran executable. My machine is a Ubuntu 18.04, glibc 2.27. Before compiling I call: source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64

I am doing research with another University and the following error appears when they try to run the executable:

/lib64/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.14' not found

Their machine is a supercomputer CentOS6 with glibc 2.12

Is there a flag in Intel Parallel studio so that I can compile an executable compatible with glibc 2.12? Or a way to have glibc 2.12 in my system together with glibc 2.27? 

I searched online for previous versions of Ubuntu that could have glibc 2.12 installed in them but I could not find any yet, as this seems a very old version. 

Many thanks,

Tulio

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Juergen_R_R
Valued Contributor I

Dear Tulio,

no, the glibc versions are not compatible with each other, and there is no possibility to exchange the dependence on one version of glibc for another one by a flag. I am wondering why you send your collaborators binary files, why not send them source code and they compile it on their machine. Another option would be to use a virtual machine or a docker container to mirror your operating system.

Best,

Juergen

0 Kudos