Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26752 Discussions

Compiler does not display /iface options

mecej4
Black Belt

The documentation for the current compiler (2017-update-2) still describes the legacy support options /iface and iface:cvf, but running the compiler at the command line with ifort /? no longer displays these options. The compiler still honors the options and generates properly decorated symbols. Is this dropping of the option description intended, or an oversight?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

Option /iface is configured in the help-text source to be a Windows 32-bit host only option.   This should be modified, and the text should reflect which of the arguments are only valid on a 32-bit Windows target.

Internal tracking id will be DPD200419779

thanks --

--Lorri

mecej4
Black Belt

Thanks for the clarification. I am running on W10-64, and I can see the /iface:cvf option if I run the 32-bit ifort driver (which, in recent versions of Visual Fortran, is no longer used even in a 32-bit Ifort command window). It is not clear to me why the 32-32 compiler is installed but only the 64-32 and 64-64 compilers are used.(I am using the notation m-n to signify m-bit compiler driver EXE used for producing n-bit target code).