Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28744 Discussions

Compiling with Microsoft Visual Studio

rafadix08
Beginner

Hi,

I noticed that my programs are much bigger in size and much slower to run when I compile them using Microsoft Visual Studio compared to when I compile them directly using ifort in the command line.

Is there something I have to set up in Microsoft Visual Studio in order to make the executable runfaster?

Thank you,

Rafael

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

My guess is that you are building a Debug configuration in Visual Studio. Select the Release configuration and the sizes and performance should be similar to builds from the command line (assuming default options.)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

My guess is that you are building a Debug configuration in Visual Studio. Select the Release configuration and the sizes and performance should be similar to builds from the command line (assuming default options.)

0 Kudos
sarma_amras
New Contributor I

we have the optimization tab in the properties -> Fortran -> optimization.

Try to change it to the maximum speed. It might be helpful some way.

0 Kudos