Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28602 Discussions

Compiling with XE-2011 Fortran Compiler

amos2
Beginner
I have been trying to configure, compile, and make both openmpi-1.4.3 and espresso-4.3.1 using the intel fortran and C compilers and have run into a problem with both of these programs. The system is using SuSE Linux 11.4 running on VMware 7.0.1. Both programs appear to go through the processes to completion but when I try to run examples that are in the program both of them fail with the error message: mpicc hello_c.c -o hello_c mpicc: error while loading shared libraries: libimf.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory I have checked and found that the libimf.so file is present at the location: /opt/intel/composerxe-2011.5.220/compiler/lib/intel64 . I have checked the permissions for the file and it seems to be correct and so at this point I have no idea what the diffculty is. Any help would be much appreciated. Amos Leffler
0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
The configuration of mpicc that you built may not have the Intel library directory as a default location for libraries to search.

In place of the command that you showed, try

export ILIBD = /opt/intel/composerxe-2011.5.220/compiler/lib/intel64

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ILIBD:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

mpicc hello_c.c -o hello_c -L $ILIBD
0 Kudos
Beginner
I'm working with kiva 3V and I need to add a subroutine written in fortran to intel fortran path. Anyone know how I can do that?
Thank you.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
The expectation is that you have sourced the Intel compilervars script in the run environment, just as you would for compilation.
0 Kudos