Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28445 Discussions

Converting project from VS15 to VS19

Wagnon
Beginner

I am currenting Converting solution from VS15 to VS19.

The solution contains multiple projects c, c++, c#, and Fortran (older Intel Fortran compiler)

Our IT group has installed on, Vs19 and Intel OneApi Fortran, they told me that they did install the optional integrate with VS19.

Wagnon_0-1670497495120.jpeg

Since the is a GFE pc, I can only request things to be installed, no admin privileges.

In the VS19 IDE I do not see Tools Options Intel Compiler and Libraries IFORT Intel Fortran Classic > Compilers as an option yet

There is Tools Options Intel Compiler and Libraries

So far have been able to build all the projects except the Fortran projects

This morning I ran from the OneApi command prompt the env/vars.bat file hope that would add the IFORT selection to the VS19.

How do I add Tools Options Intel Compiler and Libraries IFORT Intel Fortran Classic > Compilers as an option into the VS19 IDE.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry Wagnon

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

In VS19, please do Help > About. Click Copy Info and paste the result into a reply here.

0 Kudos
Wagnon
Beginner

Our computer doesn't have access to the internet, so there is 6 pages, so the following is what I think might be relative :

•     Intel Libraries for oneApi
  •     Intel Advisor
  •     Intel C++ compiler
  •     Intel Distribution for GDB
  •     Intel DPC++
  •     Intel oneApi Menu & Samples
  •     Intel oneApi Visual Studio Menu & Samples
  •     Intel VTune Profiler

Thanks,

I am wondering if our IT group started with the wrong installer.  Is there separate installer for the Fortran? The one they ran required 26gb to install.

0 Kudos
Wagnon
Beginner

Also the installer they used was w_Basekit_p_2021.2.0.2871_offline.exe

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

You need the HPC kit as well for Fortran - base kit first and then HPC

Grab the 32 bit mkl kit as well, saves finding out later you need it.  

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

See Solved: The Easy and Fast Way to Install JUST Fortran with Intel® oneAPI - Intel Communities if you just want Fortran and not the other stuff in the toolkits. (If you want MKL, that's in the Base toolkit.)

0 Kudos