Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Could not checkout FLEXlm license

L__D__Marks
New Contributor I

I have an open-source developer licence for Intel ifort/mkl/cluster/icc which expired on July 11th 2019. The moment it expired I could no longer use ifort or other compilers, even though they were downloaded way before the expiration date. I am not sure if this is a feature (Bug) in the Flex licence structure; there is a small chance that it is OS related since we updated everything about three months ago -- but the timing does not work.

N.B., I have twice applied to renew my open-source developer licence and have had no response even though the processing is supposed to only take a couple of days -- it was never this slow before.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

I think the way Intel handles the free licenses is that they have a hard expiration date and you need to renew them. Yes, the renewal process is clumsy and, if what I remember is still the case, is usually handled by a single person in the marketing department.

My advice is to file a "bug report" for any issue related to licensing - that way it will get tracked and a support engineer will make sure it is followed up.