Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28632 Discussions

Crashing after change latest IFORT compiler update

Stephen_Sutcliffe
New Contributor II

Just installed latest OneAPI Toolkits and recompiled (after a full Clean) a large application using 64-bit IFORT. The program now crashes when checking the allocation status of the variable cm which is an array of allocatable character strings. The array is already allocated as shown in screenshot Watch window.  The watch window also shows the TYPE to be pointing to a module that is not correct should be CMDS_mp_COMMAND.

Stephen_Sutcliffe_1-1695462697191.png

An exception is thrown as shown above.

In the meantime will revert back to previous version.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Devorah_H_Intel

Can you provide additional info on IDE version etc. 

0 Kudos
Stephen_Sutcliffe
New Contributor II

Hi Devorah,

See below for IDE version.

Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022
Version 17.6.5
VisualStudio.17.Release/17.7.0+34003.232
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.8.09032

Installed Version: Community

I tried using a later version of IDE previously but the debugger wouldn't work very well.

BTW I also tried to compile in IFX but got ICE (see separate thread) which you have already looked into.

Would it be possible to get an advanced copy of IFX 2024 to see if my entire project will at least compile successfully? I do have Priority Support subscription.  As the current ICE prevents some modules being compiled any files referencing these modules fail to compile. This may uncover other issues that could hopefully help to get fixed before the officil release.

Steve

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

@Stephen_Sutcliffe wrote:

VisualStudio.17.Release/17.7.0+34003.232 

For this unsupported version of VS you need to install a fix for debugger issue see this thread 

0 Kudos