Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28492 Discussions

Debugging fortran programm in VS 22 with IFX compiler

Vladislav03
Novice

When I debug my code in vs 2022 using the Intel Fortran compiler classic the error line can be found by double clicking on the error in the "error list" (look at the first screen, it even shows the error log at the bottom ). Trying the same with IFX  does nothing (screen 2, not showing error log at the bottom also). In both cases the  ")" is missing  in the line 14. Is it intended to be so or there is a solution to fix it?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Devorah_H_Intel

Could you please specify the version of IFX that was used? Have you experienced the same issue when using the latest 2024.1 IFX (available for download here)? If the problem persists, could you provide us with the complete VS solution so that we can reproduce and investigate this further? 

0 Kudos
Vladislav03
Novice

New info concerning this problem. It looks like the bug occurs only when the project name is written in cyrillic. Today I've created 2 projects  with cyrillic and english names, the bug was present in the first one. 

0 Kudos
Vladislav03
Novice

So, I've just made the new test project with the same code and it started working. After checking other projects it occurred that this problem exists only in old projects and everything works if I just make a new project for my previously written code. The problem was found in the previous version. Yesterday  I updated the Base and HPC toolkit, so it seems the problem was solved with this update. 

jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

FWIW

With my development environment, occasionally the error list window (clicks) don't work as expected.

However, when this occurs, I use the Output window, which I've seen as most reliable.

jimdempseyatthecove_0-1711890812563.png

You may able to use the Output window when locating errors in Cyrillic projects.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos