Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28632 Discussions

Debugging information for common blocks

digger
Beginner
Is it possible, to get debugging information (size, child variables) about common blocks, using standard ways - dbg api, or dia sdk?

As I understood commons in pdb files looks like sections, but how to made binding with variables in functions?

I'm using CVF6.5 .

It's strange question, and I explain it. In project we using For DLL from CPP EXE, and bind data over exporting common blocks from dll, to date I take an information about commons structures from compiler listings %-( , it's not best, but very easy way (all information - size, variables, arrays sizes, offsets from start of common (section)).
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Well, the information is in the debug records - the names of the COMMON blocks, the variables included and their types. I assume that if you have code that knows how to read the debug symbol table, you can find it in there. Don't ask me for details, I have only the vague idea that it can be done. Peruse MSDN for APIs, etc. Dump some sample programs and see what's there.

Steve
0 Kudos