Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Default output extension not .dll?

dajum
Novice

I'm compiling a source to be a dll, but by default it makes it an .exe.  What am I doing wrong?  I thought /dll would make the extension .dll.

Here is my command line in windows.

ifort f6070.for @props.txt

where props.txt contains:

/debug:full /Qopenmp /fpe:0 /real_size:64 /integer_size:64 /names:lowercase  /iface:cref /I:"..\..\x64\Current" /MD /iface:mixed_str_len_arg  /libs:dll /threads /include:"..\..\x64" /assume:byterecl /extend_source:132 /Od /traceback  /INCREMENTAL:NO /link /LIBPATH:"..\..\Dlls_x64" "..\..\x64\ProcessModulesDll_16.lib" "..\..\astap\x64\debug\astap_16.lib" "..\..\x64\procesCur16.lib" "..\..\x64\utilityCur_16.lib" /MAP /MANIFEST /dll

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You have /dll after /link but need to put it before that.

0 Kudos
dajum
Novice

Thanks Steve!

0 Kudos
dajum
Novice

Another issue with this.  When I was specifying the output file name, I could load the symbols into the debugger and step into the code.  Now it says the .pdb image doesn't match.  Any help with that?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I don't see where you've specified the PDB file. My advice is to build this in Visual Studio and then copy the options from the build there.

0 Kudos