Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28560 Discussions

Display class variable in debugger not work

ZlamalJakub
New Contributor III

I am testing classes and I have problem displaying variables in debugger:

When I enter class function and set variable to some value, in I do not see correct value in debugger
(in this example I suspect this%Var=3).

Is this behavior problem of integration of Fortran in VS or I have something bad configured?

I have IVF 11.1.046 an VS2008 Shell 9.0.21022.8 RTM (Installed with 11.1.035).

Thanks for advice

Jakub

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
This is a bug reported earlier and fixed for "Update 3", scheduled for late October. The issue ID is DPD200138089.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
This is a bug reported earlier and fixed for "Update 3", scheduled for late October. The issue ID is DPD200138089.
0 Kudos
ZlamalJakub
New Contributor III
I downloaded update 3, recompiled my program and problem with displaying class variable remains

Complied with compiler 11.1.051, tested in visual studio 2008 (I installed only compiler not visual studio).

Was this problem really fixed?

Jakub
0 Kudos
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee
Quoting - Quba
Was this problem really fixed?

No, sorry, the exact problem you reported --- unable to display dummy arguments that are class variables -- is not yet fixed.

The one Steve referenced was for non-dummy arguments.

The internal id for the displaying of dummy arguments problem is DPD2000140422

- Lorri
0 Kudos
ZlamalJakub
New Contributor III
The internal id for the displaying of dummy arguments problem is DPD2000140422

- Lorri
I tried to look at issue on my premier support but I was not able to display it. Is there possibility to me to look at it even I am not author of issue? If Yes, how?

Jakub
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

That is not a Premier Support issue number - it's from our internal tracking system. I will add a reply here when that issue is fixed (or perhaps Lorri will.) You can also look at the list of fixes linked from the release notes of each version - the "DPD2" numbers for fixes in each update are shown there (usually!)
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Looks like I missed updating this thread - CLASS variables can now be viewed in the debugger.

0 Kudos