Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Doubt about IMSL and Intel Parallel Studio

William_L_3
Beginner

I acquired a student licence for Intel Parallel Studio 2018 to run a code written based on IMSL. I'm using Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 and when I try to build the project, it shows me the mesage "error #5102: Cannot open include file 'link_fnl_shared.h'".
I'm not sure if only installing the Parallel Studio I will have acess for IMSL library.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Was this IMSL the one that Intel sells or one obtained elsewhere?  See https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installing-and-using-the-imsl-libraries/ for configuration instructions. It may or may not help if you're not using Intel's version of IMSL. Find the IMSL directory that has the various INCLUDE files (current versions of IMSL have a dll and static subdirectory - use "dll". Add that to the compiler's list of "Include directories" as described in the link.

If that doesn't help, and your IMSL isn't Intel's version (Maybe Emanuel C is one of your classmates?), ask your instrructor or Rogue Wave for help.

0 Kudos
William_L_3
Beginner

This is the problem, I don't really know if this version of Intel Parallel cames with IMSL library ( I'm using Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Windows 2018 update 1, which is available on session "free tools for students". I'm note sure if I should download the IMSL library from other place on Intel's site or download directly with Rogue Wave. (Answering your question, Emanuel C is not from my class)

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

You probably do not have IMSL, since it is an extra-cost option and it is not included in student versions of Parallel Studio. You can check if you have IMSL installed as a separate product from Roguewave by opening a command window and typing in "set F". If you do not see FNL_DIR listed, you do not have IMSL properly installed.

There are MKL routines that may be used to substitute for the missing IMSL routines. If you list the IMSL routines that your code uses at present, we may be able to suggest the MKL equivalents.

0 Kudos
Mastropasqua__Luca

Hi, I have the same problem as William L. At the moment I am using IMSL libraries: NEQNF_INT, NEQNJ_INT, QDAG_INT, ZREAL_INT among the most important. Is there a MKL alternative for these? I have already installed MKL.

Thank you in advance,

Luca

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

There are open source equivalents for the tasks performed by the IMSL routines that you listed, but you will have to make slight adjustments to your code since the argument lists may not be identical.

1. In place of NEQNF, NEQNJ, you may use the TRNLSP family of nonlinear-least-squares solver routines in MKL.

2. In place of DQAG, use the Quadpack routines from http://nines.cs.kuleuven.be/software/QUADPACK or www.netlib.org/quadpack

3. In place of ZREAL, use FZERO from Slatec, www.netlib.org/slatec/ ; see also http://www.lahey.com/docs/lfpro78help/slatec/FZERO.htm

0 Kudos