Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28494 Discussions

EM64T Fortran for Linux non-commercial use?

halfant
Beginner

Steve stated on comp.lang.fortran that the Linux Fortran compiler for EM64T is already available for those with licenses -- but I'm reading this to mean purchased licenses. Will there be a "limited support" version released for non-commercial use?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
The way it is supposed to work now is that if you have ANY valid license for Intel Fortran for Linux, you can use the compiler for Intel EM64T. The restriction on non-commercial licenses was lifted.
0 Kudos
halfant
Beginner
That's great! I've been using the 32-bit compiler on my Linux AMD-64 and am very happy with it. I'm keen to try the 64-bit compiler, but I can't find it on the website. Can you tell me where to look?
Thanks,
Matthew
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Once logged in to Premier Support, you are looking for l_fce_pc_8.1.xxx.tar.gz Note the "fce" vs. "fc".
0 Kudos
halfant
Beginner
I'm looking, but I'm not finding. It isn't on the What's New page, and when I go to File Downloads, select Product = Fortran Compiler, Linux LtdSup, Download Category = Compiler, Search for text (in file name) l_fce_pc_8.1 (case insensitive) it replies No Files Found.
Experimenting with Product and Download Category both set to All, and file name search text to just fce, it comes up with the single hit W_fce_p_8.1.012_RN.zip.
I think I need more explicit directions.Could be one of thoseitemsyou need a magic URL for, like the Windows Pro compiler (with IMSL), which also cannot be found (by me) using any direct search?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
This may be our error - let me check on it.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
The l_fce compilers appear today only in the download category "Beta Intel Fortran Compiler, Linux"
0 Kudos
halfant
Beginner
That category isn't showing up on any drop-down list I can see. Please give details on how to find it.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You would not see the Beta category.
I have asked for the l_fce compiler to be added to the LtdSup list. Be aware that you will need a license with a current support date - if you have the free non-commercial license for an earlier compiler, you would not be eligible for this. Academic should be ok.
0 Kudos