Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Embedded VS2010

Dave_A_1
Beginner

I have XE 2013 SP1 with the embedded VS2010. I would like VS to start with the normal start page, not that stupid MS web page.  I cannot seem to get it to save any customization changes, including this startup change.  What am I missing?

Thank you!

Dave

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

How are you starting VS? What is the URL of the web page it opens?

0 Kudos
Dave_A_1
Beginner

Steve,

When I double click on the "Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013 with VS2010" icon, I get the get_started_WF.htm page but want the start page instead.  If I double click on a project, then it loads the source code directly, and I am ready to go. 

Also, if I customize the command bar by adding a command, this gets lost when I exit the program.

On my Win 8 system with VS 2008 and Intel Visual Fortran Compiler Profesional 11.0, everything works "correctly".  I can make changes, and they are permanent.  I also get the start page on startup.  If I export settings from this system to the Win 10 XE 2013 system, the customizations carry over, but the startup does not.

Dave

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You may find that the shortcut for this has, in its command line, an argument for the getting started page. You can copy this shortcut to your desktop and edit it to remove the argument, or just create a shortcut to msdev.exe directly. We stopped doing this in later releases (I think).

0 Kudos
Dave_A_1
Beginner

Steve,

That did it.

Thanks!

Dave

0 Kudos