Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Entry Point Not Found

cmc
New Contributor I

Hi,

I have a code which is compiled in Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 v15.8.9 using Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 Update 4 Composer Edition for Fortran. This works perfectly fine.

On a different computer, I have recently installed Visual Studio 2019 and Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 Composer Edition for Fortran. With the exact same code, I get the following error when trying to access the DLL:

Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point pow2o3 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\path...

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Carl

0 Kudos
6 Replies
cmc
New Contributor I

Update:

I installed Visual Studio 2017 and Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 Update 8 Composer Edition for Fortran on the other computer and then it worked. Is there a bug in the new compiler?

\Carl

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

I would first compare the output of the buildlogs to see what options are different. A dumpbin of the dll's to see what entry points are defined might also tell you something.

0 Kudos
SameerM
Beginner

I got a similar error when I compiled my program with VS 2019 and Parallel Studio 2019. I found that the problem was because another program that I had installed had place the Intel Fortran runtime libraries in my C:\Windows\System32 directory. These libraries were from a previous version of Intel Fortran. Fortunately I no longer needed the other program and I uninstalled it which removed these libraries. Then my program compiled from VS2019 started working without this kind of error. The error I was getting referred to the 'pow2o3f' entry point. I believe both of these are in the math library libmmd.dll 

0 Kudos
DavidWhite
Valued Contributor II

If you build your DLL using the /static option, then the dependent libraries will be included in your DLL.

This will make your DLL larger, but then it can be used on any machine without needing the extra libraries to be installed.

0 Kudos
JulieMarieC
Novice

Hello,

I get the same error: do you find any solution?

Thanks,

Julie

0 Kudos
Arjen_Markus
Honored Contributor I

Please do not re-use an old thread like this- the previous post was more than two years ago. It is confusing. Create a new one and do specify what entry point is missing. That is important information, the error message may look the same, but if it is another entry point, the solution will likely be different.

0 Kudos