Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Error 1606: Could not access network location\\.

Piotr_Letkowski
Beginner

Hello,

After getting the commercial Fortran Visual Compiler 11.1 (during the evaluation it works O.K), I have uninstalled the evaluation version (Visual Studio and FVC 11.1), and now I can not install commercial one.

I get the following error message:

Error 1606: Could not access network location\\.

What is more on installation windows I have three radio button (Modify, Rapair, Remove).

But I don't have any Fortran installation on my computer.

The second message I get was as follows

Error when installing package ...... arp_creator.msi

Probably It was something wrong with uninstallation (???)

Ragards Piotr Letkowski

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. Run it and if it lists Intel Visual Fortran, have it remove it. Then try the install again.

Let me know how this works for you.

0 Kudos
Piotr_Letkowski
Beginner

After checking with Window Installer Cleanup Utility I installated the package but...

When run Visual Studio I get the following message:

The file %commonDir%\dte90a.olb could not be loaded.
An attempt to repair this condition failed because the file could not be found.
Please reinstall this program. (I did it - no result)
and

when run compiler the next message appears

Intel Visual Fortran Compiler for 'Win32' not installed
Compiler is installed - I can run it from command line
Regards Piotr

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
It sounds as if your Visual Studio install is corrupted. Please uninstall Intel Fortran, do a "repair" of Visual Studio (select it in Add or Remove Programs, click Change, then Repair), then reinstall Intel Fortran.
0 Kudos
Piotr_Letkowski
Beginner

I have repaired Visual Studio installation but I still have the second message I wrote about

what means that I can not build a project

I did "Modify" and "Repair" Visual Fortran Compiler Installation but I still have this message when try build a project

Piotr
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I would guess from this that you installed the compiler package with _intel64.exe at the end of its name, so you have only the Intel 64 compiler installed. I suggest downloading and installing the one with a name ending in "novsshell.exe" which will give you both the IA-32 (Win32) and Intel 64 (x64) compilers.
0 Kudos
Piotr_Letkowski
Beginner

I have installed both ('x64' and 'win32'). But now I have strange situation

When I run 'win32' I have the message:

When I run 'x64' I can not link it and get the error message

error #10037: could not find 'link'

probably because my VS has been installed without x64 option

(I tried do it from "Add, Remove programs" -> Modify, Repair but I have still the same messages)

I use Intel Core 2 CPU E6600

I installed Compiler with VS for test on the other computer and everything is O.K

So it means than there are some remains from evaluation installation which causes this problems

Piotr

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Are you using the bundled Visual Studio 2008 Shell or your own separate install? If the latter, a Repair won't add the x64 support if not selected during install. You need to do a "Change" on Visual Studio and select the "x64 compiler and tools" option under C++.

I wonder if you have the compiler selected under Tools > Options > Intel Visual Fortran > Compilers.

0 Kudos
Steve_D__Smith
Beginner

Steve, I tried this and still have the same problem. I can compile from the command line, or 64bit, but not in 32bit. Is there a configuration file/xml file/etc. where the available compilers are listed. When I just install the IA32, and go to the "Tools"->"Options"->"Intel Visual Fortran"->"Compilers", it says that the IA32 compiler is selected, but the Platform pulldown is empty, as well as the version of suite/compiler pulldown.

When i attempt to compile, I get the "Intel Visual Fortran Compiler for 'Win32' not installed"

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Then it is likely that the 32-bit compiler is not installed. I suggest uninstalling what you have, downloading w_cprof_p_11.1.065_novsshell.exe, and installing that. You probably installed the _intel64 copy.
0 Kudos