Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Error: Entry Point Not Found

Ken_N_
Beginner

Hi,

I am using Windows 7 and trying to build a console application for Win XP (32) and got an error. 

Compiler i am using is Intel Fortran XE 14.0 compiler and Visual Studio 2012.

Also, in the Configuration Properties, i've set the Linker, System, SubSystem for "Console for Windows XP (/SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE,"5.1")

The application built fine without any error.  It runs fine on Windows 7 but when i run the same application on Win XP, i get the following error:

Error:  Entry Point Not Found.

The procedure entry InitOnceExecuteOnce could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.DLL

Please help.

Thanks.

Ken

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

That API requires Windows Vista at a minimum, according to MSDN.  Setting the subsystem for XP doesn't guarantee that all APIs are on XP.

0 Kudos
Ken_N_
Beginner

Thanks for the quick reply Steve!

Is there a way to suppress that API or a work around that you know of?  Or is there a way to use Fortran on Win7 and write any application for Win XP?

The program i created to do the test was a simple Hello World program and it crashed right at the start in Win XP.

Below is the command line linker options:

/OUT:"Debug\Test1.exe" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"C:\Users\khn7407\Desktop\TEAM-SoCal\Test1\Test1\Debug\Test1.exe.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"C:\Users\khn7407\Desktop\TEAM-SoCal\Test1\Test1\Debug\Test1.pdb" /IMPLIB:"C:\Users\khn7407\Desktop\TEAM-SoCal\Test1\Test1\Debug\Test1.lib"

Additional Options:

/SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE,"5.01"

Can you please take a quick look to see if something i've missed?  Thanks again.

Ken

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Crashes how? Have you installed Service Pack 1 for VS2012?

See https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/linking-applications-using-visual-studio-2012-to-run-on-windows-xp for more information.

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Did you place your main (PROGRAM) inside Test1.lib? I see no .obj file.

What is linking with Test1.lib?

If you have no .obj file(s) on the link line...
Then nothing will be pulled in from the .lib file(s).

You'd expect the linker to complain about this.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Jim, I'm sure that the objects are on the line but he didn't show it.

I'm fairly certain that the issue is that Ken doesn't have VS2012 SP1, as the original VS2012 had C libraries (used by Fortran) that used APIs not supported on XP.

0 Kudos