Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28629 Discussions

Error: Error in opening the Library module file. [DFLIB]

royxu
Beginner
Q1: Right now when I open MS Visual Studio for my fortran project, there is always an error message which won't allow me to open MS Visual Studio. It asks me to debug otherwise it closes automatically. In the Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger, it said "An unhandled win32 exception occurred in devenv.exe [6524]. When I click OK to debug, it goes back to the same error message. I am thinking my MS Visual Studio doesn't function well. What is your advice? Should I re-install MS Visual Studio?

Q2: In this situation, I have to go back to my CVF to edit my fortran programs. I pulled up the backup files which were successfully tested before. But it gave me the error message like this:
I have Quickwin application in my program. How do I solve this?

Thanks!

Roy
0 Kudos
7 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Q1: run disk check and defragment before considering VS re-installation.
0 Kudos
royxu
Beginner
Thanks! Will do that for Q1.
How about Q2?
0 Kudos
Wendy_Doerner__Intel
Valued Contributor I

Roy,

For Q2, are you still using CVF's "USE DFLIB"? If so you will need use the appropriate module for Intel Visual Fortran (i.e. USE IFPORT, USE IFCORE, or USE IFQWIN). See the section on "Compatibility with Compaq Visual Fortran" in the documentation for more details.

0 Kudos
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
royxu:
Q1: Right now when I open MS Visual Studio for my fortran project, there is always an error message which won't allow me to open MS Visual Studio.

Any Fortran project or just that particular one? If just one, the first resort is to delete the .suo file from the workspace (NB. it's hidden) rather than reinstall. It's an auxiliary file containing user's solution settings (breakpoints, open windows, debug parameters etc.) and its corruption can lead to crash. The second resort is to delete re-create the .sln file from scratch.
royxu:
Q2: In this situation, I have to go back to my CVF to edit my fortran programs. I pulled up the backup files which were successfully tested before. But it gave me the error message like this:

Go to Tools/Options/Directories in CVF and make sure that C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual StudioDF98Include (or wherever it's installed) is listed there. Also, make sure that DFLIB.mod exists in the said directory.
0 Kudos
royxu
Beginner
Thanks! I added the directory for DFLIB.mod, now the compiling succeed. But there was one link problem, see below. I tried to search ifwin.lib in my computer and found it is in 'C:Program FilesIntelCompilerFortran9.1IA32Lib'. My question is that I am using CVF, why did it link to the library file in Intel Fortran? After we install Intel Fortran, does it change the setting for CVF automatically?

To my first question in the previous message, I am able to open MS Visual Studio today again. I didn't do anything. It is back to normal.

Thanks!

Roy

Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "IFWIN.LIB"
Error executing link.exe.

0 Kudos
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
No, IVF+VS.NET and CVF+VS6 can happily coexist on the same computer without interference with each other (if you build from command line, there might be some, but from IDEs there should be no problem). However, your CVF installation seems a little corrupted, eh.

First, rebuild all the sources; if you have some source file compiled with IVF, CVF is not going to like the resulting .obj file (and you might easily get the said error). If you intend to use both (more or less) simultaneously, best, make sure that the projects (.dsp and .vfproj) are not set up to use same output directories (e.g. fix the solutions to use "DebugCVF" and "DebugIVF" directories).

If that fails, check again the include and lib directories I mentioned above, and make sure that IVF/VS.NET ones are not listed in CVF/VS6, and vice versa. If that happened, for whatever reason, it might be that CVF gets the VF directories first.
0 Kudos
royxu
Beginner
Thanks!
Now I deleted *.suo file but I cann't even open MS Visual Studio. I guess I have to reinstall it.

Roy
0 Kudos