Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28630 Discussions

Error "the system cannot locate the object specified"

aso_agile
Beginner

I am new in using Intel FORTRAN 10 and 11 and I evaluate and probably switch permanently to Intel compiler from Compaq Visual FORTRAN.

When I'm lunching Intel FORTRAN 10.0.025 by choosing "create project" then "Intel FORTRAN/Console application/Empty project" or opening existing solutions, I face following "Microsoft Visual Studio" fatal message window error: "The system cannot locate the object specified" and nothing will be created or launched!

Could you please help me for this problem? Does it come from Visual STUDIO / Intel FORTRAN integration.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

This indicates that the Intel Fortran integration into Visual Studio is not properly installed. I assume you are using Visual Studio 2005. Please try the following:

First, extract the executable in the attachment and run it. If it reports errors, please post them here.

If the above does not work, go to Add or Remove Programs, uninstall the Intel Fortran Integrations into Microsoft Visual Studio. Delete the "Intel Fortran" folder under the Visual Studio 8 folder and then reinstall the integrations.

0 Kudos