Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Exporting data from Fortran to Excel or plotting in fortran

Jason_W_2
Beginner

How can I export data from Fortran to Excel to plot/ display such as tables or temperature distributions similar to Matlab or how can I plot fortran data? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

There is a worked example of exporting to Excel provided in the COM samples called AutoDice. You can now get the samples from https://software.intel.com/en-us/product-code-samples - scroll down to "Intel® Parallel Studio XE for Windows* - Sample Bundle"

You might also look at PGPLOT.

0 Kudos
Jason_W_2
Beginner

Thanks Steve. I will look into it

0 Kudos
Jason_W_2
Beginner

Well Steve.. The AUTODICE option works..not sure how but I'm gonna figure out. I think this can work.. Thanks again!!.

Regards

Jason

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

The way I often do this is to write some data tables from Fortran into  Excel and then make my charts in Excel. I then save the excel file which is later used as a template i.e. my Fortran programs copies the excel template to a unique name, writes to the exel to re-populate the data tables and then launches the new workboot in excel.

I find this much easier than trying to format and create everything for the excel from the Fortran side.

0 Kudos