Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

FFT in IMSL

xi__shun
Beginner

Hello,

I am wondering if FFT subroutine provided in IMSL c_fast_dft could take double-precision complex variable? It is not mentioned in its documentation. My finding is it does not take double-precision complex variables since it is based on Fortran 77 which does not supply double-precision complex variables. Also, I am wondering if d_fast_dft and s_fast_dft subroutines are also available in IMSL, according to the documentation

"

FORTRAN 90 Interface
Generic: None
Specific: The specific interface names are S_FAST_DFTD_FAST_DFTC_FAST_DFT, and Z_FAST_DFT.

"

thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mecej4
Black Belt

The usual naming convention in Lapack and other related libraries is that the 'c' prefix is for single-precision complex and 'z' for double-precision complex. Thus, you should try z_fast_dft().

As the IMSL Math library manual says, there is no generic interface for the FFT routines, and there are four specific interfaces, covering combinations of real/complex and single/double precision.

xi__shun
Beginner

Hi Mecej4,

mecej4 wrote:

The usual naming convention in Lapack and other related libraries is that the 'c' prefix is for single-precision complex and 'z' for double-precision complex. Thus, you should try z_fast_dft().

As the IMSL Math library manual says, there is no generic interface for the FFT routines, and there are four specific interfaces, covering combinations of real/complex and single/double precision.

thanks for your help! I went back and tried z_fast_dft, and it works. However, calling d_fast_dft or s_fast_dft gives me error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _D_FAST_DFT. All I need is to do FFT of real signal.

thanks!