Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28384 Discussions

Failed Installation of parallel_studio_xe_2019_update5_professional_edition_setup.exe

soubhikauddy
Beginner

Hello all,

I am trying to install parallel_studio_xe_2019_update5 using the installation file: parallel_studio_xe_2019_update5_professional_edition_setup.exe

We are authorized users of Intel Visual FORTRAN (IVF) compiler and parallel studio. The file has been downloaded from the download center of Intel. Now when I try to install this by executing this .exe file, the contents get extracted as seen in IVF_19 Installation.PNG. Then the installation also begins as can be seen in IVF_19 installation_1.PNG. However, the installation window disappears and nothing is installed. When I check the events log of CylancePROTECT I could not see anything that blocks it but I see messages that the .exe file is being monitored 2 times and that's it. This is seen in IVF_19 installation_2.PNG. I have previous versions of IVF compilers such as 13 and 15 in my machine. When I try to install the same .exe file in another machine with no previous installations of parallel studio it works (at least after IVF_19 installation_1.PNG, the installation wizard comes up and shows 14GB space is required). I have 88 GB space in my hard drive. So space is also not a problem. Can anybody suggest where the installation is getting halted and what would be the work around? Thank you very much. Best regards- Soubhik Auddy

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

No, you don't need that specific version. The current version will work, as the run-time libraries are upward compatible.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

You are entitled to use the latest ONEAPI.  It might be better to try the new one.  

0 Kudos
soubhikauddy
Beginner

Thanks very much. Would it be possible to send the link for 2019 or it is only available for 2022 (there are so many)? The problem is I need a specific version, i.e., IVF 2019.0.203 for a specific software that uses the run time libraries of the same IVF. BR - 

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

No, you don't need that specific version. The current version will work, as the run-time libraries are upward compatible.

0 Kudos
soubhikauddy
Beginner

Thank you very much. One more thing is that I noticed OPENAPI base/HPC toolkit only supports windows 32 bit version. The software version for which I need IVF, uses 64 bit DLLs. Hence, I need the compiler that can support generating 64 bit DLL. Appreciate our advice. Thanks. BR-

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You're mistaken. The oneAPI Intel Fortran has two compilers. ifort, called the "Classic" compiler, supports both 32-bit and 64-bit development. A newer compiler, ifx (not yet supporting all ifort features), supports only 64-bit development. Both install on 64-bit systems only.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

IFX tells you if something is not yet implemented.

0 Kudos
soubhikauddy
Beginner

Thanks all for the answers. Still struggling to install the parallel studio or OneAPI base toolkit (blocked by the CylancePROTECT).  In this connection, I just also want to ask some basic questions. 1) Is there any link/previous post where I can find the required Microsoft Visual Studio versions needed for the respective Intel Parallel Studio versions [particularly Intel Visual FORTRAN (IVF) to work]? 2)  MS Visual Studio  Professional versions, say 2017, have many components. In order for certain version of IVF to  work which components of the respective MS Visual Studio need to be installed? The full professional MS Visual Studio, say 2017, takes > 50 GB space. 3) Will the compatible MS Visual Studio community version does have the required components  for IVF to work or professional version with specific components (bullet 2) are needed? Appreciate your answers. Many thanks.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

MS VS Community is all I have used for years, unless you are a mega-corporation or a cheesy star then it's all you need. 

If you are using weird virus protection and anything beyond the standard MS product is weird, download all the files you need. 

Remove yourself from the web, do not forget to turn off the Wi-Fi, if it connects automatically.  

Turn off the weird virus protection and then install.  

Once you are sure it works turn on the weird virus protection and hopefully it will work.  

Or just use MS defender -- it appears to work ok and not cause problems.  

I just downloaded Grammarly it does a nice job of correction.  

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Not that I have anything against weird virus programs, I just dislike:

IT support in any form that thinks they can fix your computer.  

The lady at the Utilities that repeats, no I do not do  that -  it is online you can look it up.  

After several such suggestions this morning, I said - I was looking to have a child. 

She said - you need the online form and then realized what I had said. 

She smiled and said - ask your wife, I replied I did and she said - you need to fill out the online application and finish your annual review.  

She looked at me strangely and then laughed.  

A Russian leader and paying 425 dollars for a Fortran program when the Intel one is free and even when it was not it only cost 200.  

A certain calculator company that shall remain nameless. 

People who do not know who said "it is nice to be nice to the nice"

I like the 13 Ukrainian Coast guard that told the Russian navy where to go, if you have not heard read the Guardian.  

I had a T Shirt made this morning with the quote on it, cost me 27 dollars.  Looks good, I will wear it with pride.

I alas love the latest Intel compilers and this forum.  Keeps me sane and happy.  Ok, some may argue at the sane.  

Ron_Green

are you giving the installer 1-3 hours to complete it's installation?  Yes, it can take that long.  How much time did you give it until you decided nothing was happening and killing the installer?

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

VS 2022 and 2019 are supported with the latest Intel Fortran in oneAPI HPC Toolkit. 

Community Edition is all you need.  Install the C++ component.  Then install Intel Fortran. 

0 Kudos
soubhikauddy
Beginner

Hello Ron, Thanks very much. While installing, after the extraction of the files take place the first child window opens and then it closes. It did not take me to the second child window where the components of the parallel studio can be selected. So installation stops there. Nothing happens after that even if I keep my machine open for hours.

Regarding visual studio 2019 or even 2017 I see a huge number of individual components and work loads as can be found in the attached screenshots. My question is will it be enough to choose the one under the workload  Desktop & Mobile (5)/Desktop Development with C++ ?  Or I need additional components such as SDK, libraries etc. as well? Appreciate your advice.

BR-

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You need only "Desktop Development with C++". Installing Microsoft Visual Studio* for Use with Intel® Compilers

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

If you have a choice, I would not bother with VS 2017.  Support for VS2017 is deprecated and will be removed "at a future date"

Release Notes has this.  

To quote the Release Notes:  

Microsoft Visual Studio* 2017

Intel Compiler Integrations for Microsoft Visual Studio* 2017 are deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Support for Integrations for Visual Studio is limited to two supported major versions of Visual Studio: the current publicly available and supported major version and the previous major version from Microsoft.

So if you can, put your effort into VS2022 which will be supported for many years.

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

Beware of the version of VS2022 that you use.  There is a known installation issue if you are using VS2022 version 17.1.x.  See this thread, https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Fortran-Compiler/KNOWN-ISSUE-with-Intel-oneAPI-Toolkits-versions-2022-1-and-2022/m-p/1361802#M160193

We expect to have a new release of oneAPI that fixes the installation problem with that version of VS2022 in early March. Its availability will be posted on this Forum.

0 Kudos
soubhikauddy
Beginner

Thanks very much to all of you for the inputs. I have now installed MSVS Comunity Version 2019 (16.11.10) comprising VC++ workloads and Intel FORTRAN Compiler classic and IFX with 2022 release having installation file: w_fortran-compiler_p_2022.0.2.98. Only the standalone IVF. I am attaching screenshots of the MSVS and IVF paths. The source is compiled and the DLL is built successfully. A screenshot of the compile and build messages is attached. However, adding the DLL from a python script (for a third-party software) gives an entry point error called _for_ieee_signaling_it_k14 not located in the DLL. Based on a previous post I have also separately installed the run time library update having the installation file: w_ifort_runtime_p_2022.0.2.3692. Can anybody suggest what could be the source of error? BR - 

0 Kudos