Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Intel Customer Support will be observing the Martin Luther King holiday on Monday, Jan. 17, and will return on Tues. Jan. 18.
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
26845 Discussions

Failed to write updated manifest to the resource file.

Robert
Beginner

I click: Build > Rebuild Solution  and I get the following error. Which I don't know what it means. Please explain this error message.

Error      1              general error c101008d: Failed to write the updated manifest to the resource of file "C:\Users\RMagliola\Google Drive\AutoMesh\FOR\Debug\FOR.exe". The system cannot open the device or file specified.                mt.exe

But I click Build > Rebuild Solution again (two or three times) and then I won't get the error. Why would the error only occur intermediately?   

Your help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The usual cause of this is antivirus software locking the newly-built EXE as it scans it for viruses. Most AV products allow you to exclude certain folders from scanning - see if yours does.

IanH
Black Belt

Given the directory, I expect that the google drive service reading the newly built executable may be problematic in a similar way.

Ramesh__Krish
Beginner

Hi, I am trying to Build a Fortran DLL in Visual Studio 2013 using Intel Parallel Studio 2017. When I build the DLL, all the files compile with no errors. However, while trying to link I get the following error: "Failed to write the updated manifest to the resource of file "....\DEBUG\TestDLL1.dll". The operation failed."

When I go to the DEBUG folder, the DLL has been created. Another issue (may be related to the above error): I have a C# simple program that calls the above fortran DLL. I cannot run the DLL from the C# calling program (error: The specified DLL cannot be found, though the path and filename is correct). However, when I run the DLL in debug mode (using the above C# EXE), the DLL runs fine.

If you need more details, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Krish