Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28618 Discussions

Fortran Dialog App Resource Editor, how to place controls

omonoslogikos
Beginner

Hi, I'm trying to use a Dialog based Fortran App. When I design the dialog form in the Resource editor in Visual Studio, I can't find a way to control the exact placement of controls. For example I would like to align several Text boxes followed by several Edit boxes. Is there a way to control the exact placement of these controls?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Don't know how to zoom.

These may help:

jimdempseyatthecove_0-1721393709315.png

Select the controls of interest, you may want to "Make Same Size", then, "Align|Left", then "Space Evenly", then, if necessary, use the arrow buttons to incrementally move the selected group left, right, up or down.

Jim Dempsey

View solution in original post

4 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor III

I would think there are many help resources if you google it, it is not Fortran specific. However,  in VS you can add a guide lines and get things to snap to guides there are also tools on the tool bar that allow you to multi-pick things and make them the same width / height / both and  even spacing vertical / horizontal etc.

jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

What you do in MS VS is to select the multiple controls that you want to align, then on the tool bar click on the desired alignment.

jimdempseyatthecove_0-1721390247362.png

In the above example, I show align left sides selected, next to is are align right sides, align top sides and align bottom sides.

Jim Dempsey

omonoslogikos
Beginner

Thank you for the answers. I still think it would make sense to give to all controls the appropriate properties e.g. height, width, Xstart, Ystart.

Anyway, if anyone knows could you please show me how on earth can I zoom in and out in the resource editor?

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Don't know how to zoom.

These may help:

jimdempseyatthecove_0-1721393709315.png

Select the controls of interest, you may want to "Make Same Size", then, "Align|Left", then "Space Evenly", then, if necessary, use the arrow buttons to incrementally move the selected group left, right, up or down.

Jim Dempsey