Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Fortran Program Compilation error

Praveen_WSP
Beginner

I have installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 and Intel OneApi HPC and Base Toolkit on a Windows 10  machine.  

(https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/toolkits.html#hpc-kit)

I am trying to compile a Fortran program from the OneAPi Command Prompt window.

I am getting the following error while compiling a Fortran program.

ifort: error #10037: could not find 'link'

I understand that it is related to the link.exe file. I noticed that the file is located in the bin folder of the Microsoft Visual Studio folder under the program files folder.

Any lead is much appreciated.

Praveen_WSP_1-1685566272694.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

You probably did not install the components of Visual Studio that are required for compiling and linking Windows C/C++ programs. These components are not installed by default when you install Visual Studio; they are listed under "optional" in the VS installer, but they are essential for Intel Fortran to work.

A simple test of whether the Visual Studio installation is ready for adding Intel Fortran is:

Build and run a simple C program in the Visual Studio command window.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I agree with @mecej4 , and this is signaled by the warning in the initial output. See Installing Microsoft Visual Studio* for Use with Intel® Compilers

0 Kudos