Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Fourier Series

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor II

I have been working on this general solution for the second order ODE suggested by Fryba in 1968. 

he had coded it on a URAL 2 computer, - it is a good read on Wikipedia

I am close to sorting out his equations and getting the old algorithm to run.  Unfortunately the original author has a few minor issues with the 1968 English version of the paper, some of the symbols are not defined, but that is only a small challenge.

I was looking at the results this morning and the ODE solution is expressed as a finite Fourier (sine) integral transformation 

I plotted the results of the first four elements of the Fourier series and have included them in a ppt file. -- I thought it was interesting to look at a real Fourier series broken down 

The secondary wave is caused by Fryba having a flat spot on the wheels and this affects the load function -- I need to sort out his equation as it has dimensional issues. 

But anyway what a way to spend thanksgiving 

John

0 Kudos
0 Replies