Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Free Intel Visual Fortran for students!

Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Intel Fortran is now available under a free, non-commercial license for qualified students on Linux, OS X and WIndows. See https://software.intel.com/en-us/qualify-for-free-software/student for more details.

Note: If you don't already have a supported Microsoft Visuall Studio installed, you'll need to get one first as the student license doesn't include the VS Shell-based IDE. The free Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition will do.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Nikhil_L_
Beginner

Hi Steve, 

Thank you for the note!

I am interested in simulating some Frotran subroutines for Abaqus CAE software. For this, I am planning to use Intel compiler and Microsoft Visual Studio. I recently downloaded Intel Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition 2015 for Windows (Student Product Request) from the above link. I also downloaded VS Express 2012 for windows desktop with update 2 from Microsoft DreamSpark software catalog (i.e.Student Version). I am facing issues in integrating these two. I followed the instructions on the following link:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/troubleshooting-fortran-integration-issues-with-visual-studio

For the step 2:

VS2012: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Intel Fortran\VFPackages    

I am not seeing any integration files. Intel Frotran folder inside Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0 folder is absent. Can you please help in this matter? How to integrate these two successfully so that I can develop Frotran subroutines for Abaqus CAE. I have Windows 8 on my computer, hence VS 2013 doesn't work on my system. Any guidance on this issue would be appreciated. 

Thank you in advance,

Sincerely,

Nikhil 

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

VS2012 Express is not supported. Please use VS2013 Community Edition. You will then need to reinstall Intel Parallel Studio XE. VS2013 works fine on Windows 8 - I use that.

0 Kudos
Toby1
Beginner

It seems I can't get a student license for Intel® Parallel Studio XE but only the ordinary 30-day free trial license. While on the webpage https://software.intel.com/en-us/qualify-for-free-software/student, I am able to get a student license for Systen Studio. 

I mean there is not any 'Student Program' information after i clicked the link for Parallel Studio.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

The links for the Student program access are under the OS links as noted in the image below. The Intel Parallel Studio XE link just below "Offer:" takes you to the main product page and 30-day free trial.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

I have just learned that the underlying links noted in my last post are leading to the incorrect 30-day evaluation page and not the associated Student request form. Our apologies for the continued problems/confusion.  I have notified the responsible parties and will post again when the links have been fixed.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

The links on the Free Tools for Students page have been fixed. Please try again. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos
Mohammad_Taghi_N_

Hi Steve,

I have to install "Intel  Fortran Compiler 12.1" as the only compatible version with Abaqus 6.4.2, but I could not find it under the link you provided for non-commercial license for qualified students. Is there a way to get this specific version as a student?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Mohammad_Taghi_N_

sorry, it is Abaqus 6.14.2

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

This recent thread https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-visual-fortran-compiler-for-windows/topic/559819 contains a relevant discussion about using a later Intel compiler release with Abaqus and also includes the link (see post #8) for obtaining older versions.

0 Kudos
Pramod_M_
Beginner
This comment has been moved to its own thread
0 Kudos